DBMS MARDI GRAS INFORMATION
Friday, February 7th, our annual Mardi Gras celebration and dance will take place. Below we have listed some guidelines and procedures that will make the event flow smoothly:
- No students will be allowed to attend the events if they do not come to school.
- All students must check-in no later than 10:30 a.m. to attend the events.
- Students who check-out will not be allowed to return to the events.
- Students may wear school uniforms or dressy/formal wear. They may NOT wear jeans. The dresses should be appropriate for a middle school girl. Girls should wear a dress jacket at school and for the ceremony, if their dress has spaghetti straps or is strapless. Two piece dresses that show a girl’s midsection will not be allowed. Also, dresses that are low cut in the back or front, have a high slit, skin tight knit dresses, or are super short will not be allowed. If 8th graders do not wear their dressy clothes to school, they will be allowed to change their clothes after their lunch shift.
- 6th and 7th graders should come to school dressed for the celebration and dance. They will not be allowed to change.
- The ceremonies in the gym will begin promptly at 1:30 p.m.
- For the dance, students will purchase a ticket for $5 during their lunch shift Wednesday, February 5th and Thursday, February 6th. The dance will begin at 2:55 p.m. and will conclude at 4:30p.m. All students must be picked up by no later than 4:45p.m.
- 6th graders should be picked up in the teachers’ parking lot on the west end. 7th & 8th graders should be picked up at the bus ramp on the east end of the building. Siblings of different grade levels will be allowed to wait together in the same location.
- No student who has one or more of the following infractions will not be allowed to attend the event: one out of school suspension, three or more days in ISS, five unexcused absences on or after November 15th. (Student Behavior Contract)
- NO STUDENTS FROM OTHER SCHOOLS WILL BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.